If you are seeking to reconcile and reestablish marital relations with your spouse, it is important to understand that you can affect your ability to obtain a divorce based on marital misconduct (adultery, desertion, habitual drunkenness, physical cruelty) or seeking alimony by forgiving one of the spouses for their previous marital misconduct.  By condoning the past behavior of your significant other, you may waive your rights to a fault-based divorce or alimony based on the marital misconduct.
Karnes Legal Services helps people to approach these matters.  For an appointment please call 731-668-9529 ext. 101.